If you’re looking for a good time with great food, cold beers and Tarpon then this is an event you need to check out. I fished the Poon Fecta last year and had a blast! It’s a fun tournament with a bunch of guys that like to catch baby tarpon on fly, drink beer and get together for an awesome weekend. For more information and details see below.
– 2 man teams, fly fishing only, micro tarpon
– $60 per team (proceeds benefit Bonefish and Tarpon Trust and Waterkeeper Alliance)
– 2 tacos, 2 beers, tournament t-shirt, captains bag, raffle ticket, and a good ass time.
- Captains’ kick-off party8 pm (Open to public at Bar Fly) *Only one team member has to be present at the check-in/kickoff.
- Start fishingat the end of the captains party on 25th.
– Poonfecta Filmmakers night sponsored by Estrada Art at 8 pm. (Open to public)
– Estrada Art show from 7-10 pm. (Open to public)
– Photo check-in from 1 to 3pm (After 3:01pm your fish will not be counted unless in line at the check-in table.) *Both teammates have to be present at the weigh-in.
– Casting competition starts at 4:30 pm (Open to public)
– All pictures must have team number marker, law stick, and fish.
– Measurements are from the farthest point of the jaw to the natural lay of the tail. (natural lay = wherever the tail naturally lays.) *Please remember to practice proper catch and release techniques
- Awards/prizes for 1st, 2nd, 3rd place team -3 tarpon closest to 24″
- Award/prize for 1st place individual -1 tarpon closest to 0″
- Award/prize for 1st place individual -1 tarpon over 40″ #poonfectaBIG2015 award
- Award/prize for 1st place team -‘POONCUTTA’ most tarpon caught during 3 days of event!
- Proceeds benefit: Bonefish & Tarpon trust and Project Healing waters
Bring your “A” Game because we’ve already been practicing!
See you there, Sawyer