Here is a video and photo of a baked salmon dish I made today. The point of the video is to test out the new Sony NEX-7 camera. This is new mirrorless aps-c sensor camera with interchangeable lense. At 24 megapixel and full HD in a small body you can carry around with you. Here I am shooting at iso 800, 18-55 kit lens. As you can see it looks pretty darn good.
The still was shot with out flash and cropped down from 24MP.
Now for the food part.
Since I’m so A.D.D. I find it hard to keep on task especially when I”m cooking. It’s either under cooked or over cooked. So for me to get edible food I have to use a timer with a temperature sensor.
First I season the salmon with Stan’s Stuff seasoning. Stan’s is made right here in the Florida panhandle. If you have not used it, it is an excellent all around spice. I have a cupboard full of seasonings and this is the one I use 90% of the time for fish, chicken, steak and veggies. It pretty much replaces my salt and pepper for cooking.
- I preheat the oven to 350 degrees on baked.
- I heat the pan on high with some olive oil.
- I then sear the fish on both side from 30 to 45 seconds.
- After putting the temperature sensor into the thickest part of the fish I stick it in the oven.
- Once the core temperature of the fish reaches 130 degrees it’s perfectly done.
- I take it out of the oven and let it rest for 5 to 10 minute so all the goodies stay inside.
I do the same with chicken breast. It is perfectly cooked at 160 degrees.