The Maverick/ Vero Back Country Cup
A fly fishing only all release “slam” tournament targeting redfish, snook and trout with the Grand Champion team determined by the highest total of inches as a combination of a single fish from each species scored.
Captain’s Meeting: March 2nd, 5:30 pm at The Back Country, Vero Beach
Fishing: March 3rd, 7:00 am – 3:00 pm
Awards, Raffle and Food: 3:30 pm at Riverside Park, Vero Beach
1) Fly fishing only with single hooks (no chumming allowed)
2) Fish will be measured by inches and documented on a provided scorecard. Catches will be verified as needed by an angler supplied digital photo with the fish on a ruler provided at the Captains meeting. One angler from each team will be required to attend the Captain’s meeting.
3) Only fish caught while fishing from the boat stated on the registration card for that team will count.
4) Fish must be at least 18″ to be scored.
5) If no team catches all three species, the team with the highest inch total for any combination of the two species will win.
6) In the event of a tie, the team that recorded the winning combination of species earliest as verified by photographs will be deemed the winner.
Entry form can be downloaded here —> Entry Form