As you can see I have been busy here on Saltyshores revamping the website and facebook pages. We have added over 100 more fans just in the last few days to the FB page. Between doing all and the weather being on the windy side there has not been much fishing to do on my part.
Photography wise I did do a wedding shoot yesterday on the beaches of Manasota Key in Englewood Florida with Brandy and Steve. Here are a couple of photos from the shoot but if you want to see the rest of them go to my “non fishing” photography website ww.samrootphotos.com.
The Wall paper went over great and there will be more here shortly. I will get wall paper from our contributors to showcase and you guys to use at least once a month.
Photo Seminar in Tampa June 11th 2011
I will be putting on a free one hour photography seminar over at Flint Creek Outfitters in Tampa June 11th 2011 at 1pm.
I will be going over how to get most out of your point and shoot and and you DSRL.
- How to set ISO, aperture, shutter speed
- When to use flash
- How to shoot in certain lighting conditions
- Questions and answers etc.
Bring your camera, I’ll do my best to help if you have any questions.
2011 Angry Crab Tarpon Tournament
A conservation based Tarpon tournament that covers Tarpon Springs all the way to Boca Grande
Schedule: June 30 – July 3
Thursday, June 30: Captains Meeting 6:30 P.M. World of Beer St. Pete
Saturday, July 2: Lines in 7 A.M.
Sunday, July 3: Lines out 7 P.M. Awards ceremony & raffle 7:30 P.M.
*Award ceremony location to be announced at the captain’s meeting.
- Follow all FWC tarpon regulations.
- Each team must have a representative & team name at captains meeting.
- Each team must fish from a single boat. No shore fishing. No landlocked fish.
- All tarpon must be genetically scrubbed or smapled for DNA . DNA sampling kits will be passed out at the captains meeting.
- Each scrub is worth 1 point. Most points wins.
- The provided data slip must be filled out for each swab to count.
- In the event of a tie, the first team to arrive at the weigh-in wins.
- Every team must have a clear digital photo of each fish (in the water) with a crew member and tournament shirt visible. These pictures must be present at weigh-in ceremony.
- If a fish is hooked prior to lines out, it will count if brought in after lines out. In such case, the tournament rep must be notified before lines out.
- Teams must abide by all deadlines… or else!!
- Cute girls on board constitute more fishermen’s honor points.
Saturday, July 2 at 7:00am – July 3 at 7:00pm
More info on Facebook and fish buzz website.
New Fly reel on the market is the Cheeky Fly team is the Mojo 425 reel
Check it out, besides being round the design is very original looking. Never used one but from what I hear it’s pretty darn nice. One thing I do know is these guys are very passionate and are real fisherman. They flew down just to fish the Salty Fly tournament this last February.