This is a pretty cool laid back tournament that Capt. Jon Bull puts together once or twice year. It’s a low cost($50/boat) tournament that many of local fly fisherman fish.
I have fished it the last 2 times and got 2nd and 3rd respectively. Hopefully we do better this time around.
RedFly #5 sponsored by Flint Creek Outfitters-Riverview
– Saturday, May 14, 2011.
– MANDATORY registration and captain’s meeting will be the night before (at FCO-Riverview, 5/13/2011) from 6:00-8:00 pm.
– Each team MUST bring their measuring device, to be approved by tournament officials, to the captain’s meeting on 5/13/2011.
– Weigh-in will be after the tournament at Flint Creek Outfitters-Riverview from 4:00-6:00 pm.
– This is a catch-photo-and-release tournament. The largest two redfish by total combined inches (to the nearest ¼ inch) will win the tournament.
– Fly-fishing gear ONLY. No tipping, chumming, GULP! soaking, spin tackle, etc.
– Two-man teams may fish from a skiff, canoe, kayak, paddleboard, wade fishing, shoreline, dock, etc.
– Anglers can launch anywhere on the West Coast of Florida, but not prior to 6:30 am.
– Anglers MUST be at Flint Creek Outfitters-Riverview NO LATER THAN 4:00 pm on 5/14/2011. Anglers arriving at 4:01pm will be disqualified.
– Each two-man team must provide one digital camera with a clear memory card.
– The whole fish must be in the picture along with approved measuring device and tournament marker. Pictures that do not meet tournament requirements will not be counted.
– Redfish of ANY size can be measured.
– 100% payback: 60%-1st place, 30%-2nd place, 10%-3rd place. Tie-breakers will be determined by check in time. If no fish are caught to fill a finishing place, a drawing will be held to determine who wins that place. If no fish are caught at all for the tournament, entry fees will be distributed back to the participating teams.
– $50.00 entry fee per team. Fees MUST be paid at the captain’s meeting IN CASH.
– Required USCG safety gear must on your vessel. RedFly anglers will also show courtesy to other tournament and recreational anglers.
– There will also be drawings for prizes and raffles at Flint Creek Outfitters during the weigh-in.
– Flint Creek Outfitters is located at 13425 Fishhawk Blvd., Lithia, FL 33569, 813-681-1888.
– For more information, contact FCO or Capt. Jon Bull at 863-860-7250.