How come they always come out with all these cool gadgets I think I can’t live with out. The Nikon D5100 just got announced today. At $799, it is on the low end of the spectrum. Not that I need anything this camera has but I do like the Vari-Angle LCD screen which allows for crazy angles on your video and stills.
This camera will be available in May.
Today, Nikon announced the new D5100 DSLR camera: the successor to the D5000. B&H will be stocking the camera with the 18-55mm kit lens as well as body only. See the official press release from B&H and a couple of prominent features after clicking the read and discuss button.
New features include:
– A DX-format 16.2MP CMOS sensor
– ISO capabilities up to 102,400, 100-6400 regular
– 11 AF points
– 16 scene modes
– 4fps shooting
– A 3”, 921,000-dot Super-Density horizontal type Vari-Angle LCD to make shooting videos and photos at odd angles easier.
– 1080p HD video in both 24p and 30p. This is the first Nikon DSLR to feature 1080p HD video at 30p.
– EXPEED 2 processor
– 420-pixel RGB 3D Matrix Metering System
– USB port, A/V out, GPS capabilities with Nikon’s units, HDMI out and a microphone port.
– SD Card port