Jan 12th 2009
I did a quick trip yesterday for 3 hours with Tom. We did get 2 reds on fly before there just wasn’t enough light anymore. Yes it was cold but not as cold as the day before though. Here at the south shore, I didn’t see a lot of snook kill. There were plenty of bait fish that died and some catfish. I saw the birds having a feast on the dying bait in my canal. I guess mother nature takes is course.
Right now my cameras are charging and later I will cleaning the camera sensors. It has specks of dust in DSLR due to changing lens outdoors in the wind. When a dust speck get on the sensor it shows up on all your photos. The best way to deal with it is use the blower to blow the dust out(I will write a how to about it later). Warning: Do NOT blow into it with you mouth. The saliva spray will mess it up even more. Yep done it.
I’m charging the cameras as tomorrow I will be up in a helicopter shooting some aerials of boat. I’m pretty excited. I’ve learned a bunch since the last time I’ve done an aerial boat shoot back in 2008. If I do a good job I’ll share the how to of shooting a boat. If I do a bad job I’ld just keep quiet or at least write something on how NOT to shoot. 🙂
I did some shots with the Yellowfin boats, in 2008.
While finishing up the Saltyshores in Social Media Article ( which was very well received btw, I started it off in an angry tone but ended it pretty smoothly) this morning, I came across an interesting read. It’s an article about how Pepsi will not be in the Super Bowl this year and decided to spend the 20 million in online advertising instead. Fortune 500 companies shifting over some cash to online marking? wow.
Speaking of Social media, Facebook started of with 1 million users in 2004. The end of 2008 had over 100 million users. Big numbers indeed. But I just check the stats for 2009 it is now 350 million users! Another Wow!
Here are more FB stats: that can be found here.
- More than 350 million active users
- 50% of our active users log on to Facebook in any given day
- More than 35 million users update their status each day
- More than 55 million status updates posted each day
- More than 2.5 billion photos uploaded to the site each month
- More than 3.5 billion pieces of content (web links, news stories, blog posts, notes, photo albums, etc.) shared each week
- More than 3.5 million events created each month
- More than 1.6 million active Pages on Facebook
- More than 700,000 local businesses have active Pages on Facebook
- Pages have created more than 5.3 billion fans
- Average user has 130 friends on the site
- Average user sends 8 friend requests per month
- Average user spends more than 55 minutes per day on Facebook
- Average user clicks the Like button on 9 pieces of content each month
- Average user writes 25 comments on Facebook content each month
- Average user becomes a fan of 2 Pages each month
- Average user is invited to 3 events per month
- Average user is a member of 12 groups
- More than 70 translations available on the site
- About 70% of Facebook users are outside the United States
- Over 300,000 users helped translate the site through the translations application
- There are more than 65 million active users currently accessing Facebook through their mobile devices.
- People that use Facebook on their mobile devices are almost 50% more active on Facebook than non-mobile users.
- There are more than 180 mobile operators in 60 countries working to deploy and promote Facebook mobile products